Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Installing a STRONG shelf on garage wall

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 18:02:46 -0500, Fat-Dumb and Happy
wrote:

Daniel Prince wrote:

Here's one guy's solution, I'd do it a little different but you'll
get the idea, partial board for strong shelves? No way.... they will
sag even when braced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MfzU-WhV1A

That works. 2x2s would do it if he's not storing lead acid batteries
on them. More "elbow" space and better looking.
I was thinking of making one set, but then I watched the video every
times you posted, and decided making 3 was too much work.
Besides, he was putting the shelves in the same spot every time.
Didn't make much sense.