Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default OT Apprentice wages

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 22:07:07 +0100, charles wrote:

Given that the number of students at university has exploded in the
last few decades, was it really sustainable to expect government to
support them all to the same extent?

well. it was successive Governments that encouraged technical colleges,
art colleges, etc, to become Universities.

Yes, I know. I spent three years at a building that said "Polytechnic" on
the front, took final exams on paper that said "Polytechnic" on the top,
and got a degree certificate that said "University" on the top. That was
over twenty years ago.

But, even with that taken into account, there are STILL a ****load more
people in tertiary education than there ever were.

Or ever should be ...

Arfa