Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Installing a STRONG shelf on garage wall

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 08:48:29 -0700, Daniel Prince
wrote:

I will
use the largest particle board shelf I can find at Home Depot or
Lowes as the top of the shelf. I think I have seen some that are 8
feet by 16 inches by about 0.75 inches thick.

Does what I have described sound like a good plan? Can you think of
anything I could change that would make the shelf easier to make, or
less expensive?

Depending on the use, particle board may be ideal, or if you have
concentrated weight, it will have dips in it. The stuff is cheap, but
very flexible compared to other materials.