Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hi, I need to find countersunk 9/16 UNC bolts

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 16:18:01 +0000, Safeman
wrote:

ljaques wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:18:02 +0000, Safeman
wrote:

I need to source 90 of 9/16 UNC flush headed countersunk

bolts/screws
overall length 2" and 10 of the same but overall length

2.5"

It doesn't matter what type of drive they have and preferrably

threaded
the whole way, I could live with 1/2" unthreaded shank.
Any more than that I guess would be acceptable, just a lot of

thread
cutting for me to do....

Anybody help, I have run out of ideas...

You didn't mention where you are or where you've looked (of course
sigh) so I'll just say...

"Check with local fastener houses. Around So Or, it's Sasco.
http://www.sascofasteners.com/ . If your local distributor doesn't
stock them, they can find them for you and it will cost you 1/3 to
1/10 of what it would cost at hardware stores. Barring that, googlit.
Good luck!"

--
Sorry, I'm based in the UK and tried all local suppliers and google but no
joy yet, I am rebuilding a very big old safe

Ask a hardware store guy or truck stop mechanic where they source
their bolts. One or the other should be willing to tell you.

Here's a quick Google UK page: http://tinyurl.com/lwbx2c2

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.