Colin M

Default BALANCING radiators - Spelt right this time!

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:29:14 +0000, Peter Parry
assembled some random characters on their keyboard which said:

The non contact thermometers are much better than the pipe clip ones
for doing this job. The bi metal pipe ones take ages to work and if
not positioned exactly on unpainted pipe work can be very inaccurate.

I agree Peter, although I didn't try with conventional thermometers,
the instant readings of the IR device made the job much faster than
clipping and unclipping thermometers and waiting for readings to
stabilise.

It was possible to work from one radiator to the next quite rapidly
whereas the analogue method would not have been so easy.

Colin M