Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Apprentice wages

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:41:26 +0100, charles wrote:

In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

This is true - but what about the means tested maintenance/cost of
living side - that looks horrendous? It seems that a lot of working
parents would have to support their kids through uni for housing and
food. Or am I wrong?

That was certainly true 50 years ago. When we married, SWMBO was still
a student. Her father got a massive civil service payrise and her grant
went down even thought I was supposed to be the one 'supporting' her.

AFAIR, they can still get about 65% of the student maintenance loan. At
that level, since they probably won't pay it all back anyway, might as
well lump it in.