Posted to alt.home.repair
David L. Martel[_2_] David L. Martel[_2_] is offline

Default machine oil smell from refrigerator

Frank,

As you've noticed your apartment contains more than one electric motor.
So, if the smell of machine oil is bothering you and the sources of the
smell are electric motors you need to determine whether the smell is real.
Do guests or family complain about the smell? Can they locate the source?
Does this aroma occur in other places (work? local shops? auto? bus?)?
I'd consult with a physician about the scratchy throat and your perceived
sensitivity to oils. I'm not writing you off as a loony but I'm starting to
lean that way. How long have you had this problem?

Dave M.