Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default How to washing tonnes of muddy gravel?

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:57:11 PM UTC+1, Rick Hughes wrote:
On 30/06/2013 21:41, Gazz wrote:

somewhere like machine mart sold a rotary sieve thingy, something stupid

like 200 squids, and something that could possibly be knocked up fairly

easily.

Wonder if someone could make up a sieve barrel or a cement mixer, just

pop the cement mixing barrel off, pop the sieve cylinder on, away you go.

I had one of these for sieving 30 tonne of top soil .... great machines,

and you had a choice of mesh liners.

Picked mine up on eBay ... did job and sold it for more than I bought it

for.

Round here they just erect a mesh screen @ 45 degrees to vertical and throw the top soil at it. Suitable container behind to cart it away is handy. As these screens are light they are easily moved to where the soil is. Not perfect but cheap. Mind you I'd prefer what you had.