Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_8_] soup[_8_] is offline

Default OT Apprentice wages

ARW wrote:
They will rise from £2.65 per hour to £2.68 per hour. That's a whole £1.20 a
week extra for working a 40 hour week.

Would you still want your child to take an apprenticeship?

Yep .
In fact eldest son is an apprentice mechanic, he is in his fourth
year (no more college, "yay" qouth he). We have already had people ask
him for advice/look things over etc . He will also be a (relatively,
more than the dole/dead end job) high earner when he is fully 'time
served'.

Living at home[1] he has electricity/food etc supplied he gives his
mum digs (the amount is unknown to me but it is nothing like JHGs
numbers). Indeed he has enough 'spare' to run a small car (of course
he maintains/services and diagnoses any problems with it himself using
his spare time but the employers ramp etc).

[1] Fully understand not all 20 year olds can/want to live at home