Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Cherry/Lacewood Side Table

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 07:38:10 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:58:25 AM UTC-4, tommyboy wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:49:54 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet

wrote:

On 7/1/2013 3:22 PM, tommyboy wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 18:17:05 -0700 (PDT),

Well, let the flames begin, but Brian, that design is one of the most

unimaginative, soul-less designs I've ever seen. Now please don't take

this personally because your workmanship is impeccable as is your

choice of woods, but they are both wasted on this high school woodshop

project.

Could you show us some examples of your work?

Yes I could. A.B.P.W.

Let me start. By the way I hope these aren't your best pieces.

Your chair with the scrollsaw work is very high-school woodshop. The pattern you chose is very boreing and unimaginative. It has no sole. It looks very 2-dimensional with the straight faced sides and rails. The two species rail used in the headrest looks badly out of place. The cushion fabric makes me want to vomit. There is nothing special about it.

Very poor grain match in the carved chair back rail. It's very distracting. The arm resets look like they'd be very uncomfortable the way they jet upwards. The legs are too thin for the piece and don't fit with the scale. They look like they are ready to snap.

The crib is extremely country - not my taste at all. Very boring and unimaginative. There is absolutely nothing special about this piece either. The turnings are very dry and you also have a few that have bad color match.

This was the best you could offer to demonstrate your sole-full and imaginative workmanship? LOL

Son, I am your Yoda Master if this is your best work. Now have a seat.

Brian your work is good enough you don't have to go therre

Mike M