Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT Temperature

On 7/1/2013 7:44 AM, Leon wrote:
Strange weather we are having in the Houston area.

Visited with Swingman and his wife on Saturday and his shaded street just
before 6pm showed 108 on the car thermometer. I cannot remember ever
seeing it that hot in Houston.

It is normal for the wake up radio to indicate 80 degrees at sun up in the
Houston area during the summer.

For the Houston area May was still very cool, June was unusually hot, more
like August.

This morning we continue to get the north wind that we had yesterday and
which is predicted for the next several days.

In my neighborhood near Cinco Ranch, about 22 miles due west of Swingman we
have now probably set a record low of 66 degrees for the first day of July.
We are lucky to see lows in the 60's in September. For the rest of the
week our forecast lows are about 15 degrees below normal.

OK, confirmed! This mornings low is 4 degrees lower than the record low
set in 1985.

And yes, Saturdays heat wave did set a record high.