Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Sat Nav V Smart phone.

On 01/07/2013 23:24, therustyone wrote:
On Monday, 1 July 2013 21:38:01 UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
My sat nav battery only lasts about half an hour unless plugged into the

fag lighter socket. I was told that the display screen is what consumes

the power.

The sat nav has a touch screen, but you can touch it with anything - the

end of a pencil for example.

I'm not sure your SatNav battery problem is the general experience. My 3 yr old Garmin goes about 5 hours on its battery and is useful for walking treks, showing the way to the nearest roads anywhere in Europe. The display is only bright on external power.

rusty

The display on my TomTom does not change brightness depending on whether
on battery or not. I haven't noticed an option, but could have missed it.

On reduced brightness, I am afraid it is difficult to read on bright
days. Have just tried that for a while to see if it was usable. Answer
is that it is not, for me.

So it ends up with somewhere around two hours or so of usable life with
screen on.

--
Rod