Posted to uk.d-i-y
therustyone therustyone is offline

Default Sat Nav V Smart phone.

On Monday, 1 July 2013 21:38:01 UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
My sat nav battery only lasts about half an hour unless plugged into the

fag lighter socket. I was told that the display screen is what consumes

the power.

The sat nav has a touch screen, but you can touch it with anything - the

end of a pencil for example.

I'm not sure your SatNav battery problem is the general experience. My 3 yr old Garmin goes about 5 hours on its battery and is useful for walking treks, showing the way to the nearest roads anywhere in Europe. The display is only bright on external power.

rusty