Posted to uk.d-i-y
unknown[_3_] unknown[_3_] is offline

Default Landlord is saying you have not cleaned enough

On 01/07/2013 16:44, Dave Smith wrote:
Someone moving out of rented flat, has cleaned it; but landlord is looking
to charge and take some of the original deposit money because they say it is
not clean enough.

Friends say take photographs and go to the small claims court to retrieve
money. But it might be difficult to show cleanliness with photographs
unless you are a professional?

Any suggestions as to the best course of action. He still has a few days
access to the flat.

People often knock the landlords but tenants sometimes try to pull a
fast one and cleaning companies don't always do things well. The last
time I had a change of tenants the place wasn't clean enough. Tenants
showed me their receipt as proof that it had been done so I asked them
to get the cleaner back to do a proper job. Cleaner moaned but came back
and improved things into the "barely adequate" category.