Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Landlord is saying you have not cleaned enough

In article ,
wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:
Someone moving out of rented flat, has cleaned it; but landlord is
looking to charge and take some of the original deposit money because
they say it is not clean enough.

First thing I do as a landlord when tenants move out is clean and tidy
anyway, it's part of the job. Unless there's feaces littering the floor,
tiles ripped off the walls, and holes burnt in the carpets, he's taking
the ipss.

our nextdoor neighbours had contract cleaners in before they finally moved
out. the new owners wanted some money back becaue the house wasn't clean.
That tells you the sort of new neighbours we have - bonfire last night so
we couldn't sit out in the garden is another example.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18