Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default OT Temperature

On 7/1/2013 12:04 PM, jo4hn wrote:
On 7/1/2013 5:44 AM, Leon wrote:
Strange weather we are having in the Houston area.

Visited with Swingman and his wife on Saturday and his shaded street just
before 6pm showed 108 on the car thermometer. I cannot remember ever
seeing it that hot in Houston.

It is normal for the wake up radio to indicate 80 degrees at sun up in
the
Houston area during the summer.

For the Houston area May was still very cool, June was unusually hot,
more
like August.

This morning we continue to get the north wind that we had yesterday and
which is predicted for the next several days.

In my neighborhood near Cinco Ranch, about 22 miles due west of
Swingman we
have now probably set a record low of 66 degrees for the first day of
July.
We are lucky to see lows in the 60's in September. For the rest of the
week our forecast lows are about 15 degrees below normal.

At least it's a wet heat...

I believe that means you are being parboiled instead of baked.

I am about twenty miles east of Raleigh, North Carolina

Temperature this summer has not been a problem as it was in June before
we had our first 90 degree day, usually this occurs in May or April.

However with the low temperature come another problem. So far this year
we have had about 26" of rain. 0ver 10" in June, over 2" last night.