Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Default Kidding was RIGHT!!?? Holy ****....

Existential Angst wrote:

I read a bit of the Wiki on this, it dudn't seem to apply to what I'm
referring.
Dialects are dialects, accents are accents, regional is regional, and I
really don't have a problem with most of them, perty inneresting in many
cases.
It's this obnoxious pretentious *peer-driven bull***** that sticks in my
craw....

I don't think this is particularly new. Speaking like
that takes less breath. That allows one to speak longer
without inhaling. One of the "researchers" in your links
noted that it tends to occur most at the end of sentences.

I'm listening to fukn WNYC/NPR interviewers/anchors engaging in this
valley-speak bull****, and it is invariably females doing this.
Once in a while a male, but then f'sure he's gay, and they certainly have
their own bevy dialectical issues.... among so many others.... LOL

But HERE'S a Q ferya:
How do you explain vowel EXCHANGE???
For example, the typical deep-blue collar Queens/brooklynite will say terlet
for toilet, and THEN woik for work.... WTF?????
OR, they will say soder fer soda, micer for mica, and THEN huh fuh her, and
sistuh fuh sister..... WTF?????
COMPLETE REVERSALS!!!!

No one has ever been able to explain this, and I"ve axed all over the
lexcicogeographical place.

All dialects/language is code. Have you ever turned on
english subtitles on English speaking movies to
decode the dialect?