Posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tallganglyplant

Danny D. said:

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:30:56 -0400, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Oh, I hope he plans to release them somewhere. What a lovely snake.

All dangerous critters get released into my ravine, which is filled
with poison oak (which I had to tunnel through wrist-thick poison
oak fines with a chain saw, just to get to).

My brother would freak just thinking about such giant poison oak plants.
As a kid, he spent much of one summer indoors due to an extreme reaction
(that required medical intervention and injections). He can get a rash
just walking by a patch. As the older sib I had to learn to identify poison
ivy and point it out. All these years later, it's still automatic for me to ID
poison ivy, oak, or sumac to anyone nearby. I am amazingly good at
spotting it.

Oh, an good on you for relocating rather than eliminating the snakes and
such. Though I don't think I'd be as kind to the black widows. I only
rescue jumping spiders. I sometimes rescue the crab spiders that come in
on flowers. The rest get squished.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."