Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_4_] DerbyBorn[_4_] is offline

Default Tarmac over tarmac

I have a single tarmac drive which has been down for 24 years. It wasn't
particularly well laid as I get some annoying puddles. there is virtually
no fall on it and most of it is beween my house and the neighbour's. I want
to widen the end where is emerges from between the houses - so I will need
some new foundations and will want to plan a linear drain somewhere.

Could I have a new layer put over the existing - and do away with the
puddles and arrange a bit of a fall to a linear drain? If so how thick
should it be? I would like to consider block pavers as a border.

If I can overlay it, then what preparation will it need to ensure the new
layer bonds to the old?

Will ripping it up be the best option?