Posted to uk.d-i-y
cdr cdr is offline

Default Sound proofing advice required please

On Monday, 1 July 2013 08:14:19 UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
Not sure whether standing your bed on something would help or not -
probably worth a go as it's easy to try - however breezeblocks would
certainly not be the answer; you want something like thick blocks of
rubber to absord it. Can't think of anything off the top of my head
that you could use. How about trying a couple of paperback books under
each bed leg? Wouldn't be as good but dead easy to try.

Based on the idea of "thick blocks of rubber", I had a look on the net and came up with "rubber bench blocks". On ebay there's one (item number 360450863823) which is 5KG! but it's only 20mm thick. It's an idea perhaps...