Posted to uk.d-i-y
cdr cdr is offline

Default Sound proofing advice required please

On Sunday, 30 June 2013 09:09:28 UTC+1, cdr wrote:
I get woken up regularly when my neighbour closes a door, because it makes a "thump" sound. [Snipped from O.P.]

Thanks a lot for all replies. Got woken up again twice last night. Tried earplugs, but what's happening is that when the neighbour shuts their door, my floorboards shake, and then so does the bed.

I'll ask the owner if that door can be "fixed". As a backup plan, would putting my bed on say 6 "breeze blocks" help to isolate the bed from the floorboards? And/or would putting additional breeze blocks around the "noisy wall" help to somehow absorb the vibration of the shaking floorboards, before it reaches my bedroom?!

Thanks a lot for any additional comments.