Jay Pique

Default Cypress...Green with envy?

I recently completed some exterior shelves, made from cypress. The
parts are ready for assembly, but I'm having trouble with the finish.
I purchased a gallon of Benjamin Moore's MoorwoodŽ Solid Color
Exterior Stain C080 in the color "Rainforest Foliage" - kind of
adirondack green with an edge. After applying the first coat, the
stain is still very chalky - the pigment rubs off easily onto your
hands. Is this typical after a full 24 hours in warm weather?

Has anyone here ever tried to dye cypress a dark green?

Danke,
JP

"Wear protective eyewear."