Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What kind of lathe has V-flat ways rails with 80 degree V angle?- Photo

Yep in the drop box.

I suspect it is a Logan or a Sheldon.

I have a Logan made (From Scott) center for my Sheldon.

My guess it is Sheldon from color, but heavy weight machines
have strong parts.

That is a nice and heavy looking one.

If the V matches yours - and the dimensions fit - might be good.

But that has been in the database for many years.

Martin

On 6/30/2013 8:42 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:
In "What kind of lathe has V-flat ways rails with 80 degree V angle?"
posted on 14 June 2013 to RCM, I asked if anybody could identify a
steady rest with 80-degree included angle Vee-flat ways. I now have a
photo and description posted on the metalworking dropbox. (The owner
doesn't want the real URL published, to keep spam down.)

Google on Mystery_Steady_Rest.

The filenames are "Mystery_Steady_Rest.txt" and ~.jpg.

Joe Gwinn