Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Fuel comparison charts

On 6/30/2013 8:29 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/30/13 5:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Takes a lot of grains and starches off the market, that could have
been used for feeding animals or humans. Or making manufacturing. On
the other hand, I've heard we have plenty of oil in the ground in the
USA, and off the coast. Our fuel shortages and high prices are due to
Washington DC, not due to any real shortage. . Christopher A. Young

Conventional wisdom here in farm country is that the feed value
of corn is unaffected by ethanol production. The left over distillers
grains have as much feed value as the kernel corn.

Take the fine hand of the government mandating that so much ethanol must
be used in fuel each year and consider that crop yields can vary
considerably from season to season. In years of poor yield, this takes
away from the food market as ethanol is mandated and price of food goes
way up. Been happening.