Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Gooey perished rubber drive bands, revisited

Michael A. Terrell wrote in message
m...

Charlie+ wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 16:42:08 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote
as underneath my scribble :

My own cut silicone rubber bands will go back in there

Just querying what this refers to? Having recently been through a third
band replacement with my ancient Aiwa FX-90 (part of system rack) and
had to bodge with an undersize band from eBay as originals no longer
available! C+

Places that repair hydraulics have a huge selection of o-rings in
round and square types.

2 troubles with that is its ok slicing a square into 4 say but only 2 of
them
would have a fair face on one side, to go against the drive pulley.
I've tried slicing circular O rings, physically worked but the rubber seems
to be too stiff ,whatever the technical term is , restitution?, lack of
stretch for a given cross section area