Posted to uk.d-i-y
cdr cdr is offline

Default Sound proofing advice required please

On Sunday, 30 June 2013 10:27:28 UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
Could you *sound proof* the door. Obviously needs approaching carefully
but a strip of foam draught proofer might do the job. Stairwell doors
are notoriously noisy.

--

Tim Lamb

Please note that there are no doors any near the stairwell. The room at the top of the stairwell where I was thinking of placing sound proofing material has no wall or door next to it. Immediately next to the stairwell is the "noisy neighbour wall". It all looks a bit like the following diagram below. I've squashed the words Room and Stairwell together, to show that there is no wall or door here, and I've used a | symbol to represent the "noisy wall". Thanks.

RoomStairwell|(noise occurs somewhere here, in the neighbour's house)