Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Fuel comparison charts

On 6/29/2013 4:54 PM, Bob F wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 6/28/2013 9:38 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/28/13 9:32 PM, . wrote:
"Dean Hoffman" " wrote in message
On 6/27/13 9:16 PM, RBM wrote:

I think this stuff is just the only successful technology
currently available that meets the EPA standards for diesels. It
doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, all diesel trucks in the
U.S. made after 2010 have the same stuff strapped on to them.

This new crap is even showing up on farm equipment and
irrigation power
units. It might make sense to limit emissions on city buses, but
on farm
equipment?

It MIGHT make sense to limit emissions on city buses?

Depends on the trade offs.

The U.S. government keeps increasing the fuel mileage standards,
for example. Vehicles are being made lighter as a result. How
many more people are killed or injured because of that? Suppose we
had vehicles sturdily built like the ones from the 50s 60s with
modern safety features?

"The Law Of unintended Results" It's what happens when Congress
designs anything and imposes by law, impossible or insanely difficult
to implement standards. The "Won't Flush Toilets" were one of plumbing
fixtures designed by Congress. ^_^

My car is safer, and my toilet works just fine, better than the old one I
replaced. Thank you congress.

We have one of the first ones to come out and it's a horror story. It
takes two to three flushes to clear it. My friend GB on the other hand
had one of the toilets containing a pressure tank and the thing will
geld you if you flush it while seated on the throne. My 63 Dodge was
safe because anyone seeing it coming got the heck out of my way. ^_^

TDD

I'm happy with the toilets. Probably later models. Figure they help
keep septic drain field dry. But, I don't need somebody holding my hand
or pushing me to make my decisions.

CFL's are a good example. I'm in favor of them in fixtures kept on for
long periods of time but those in the bathroom often last only 6 months
because of short term use.

Point is that one size does not fit all and that is the problem with
government over regulation.