Posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tallganglyplant

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:12:35 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

I like the idea of the water weeder!
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13430193.png

Just to report back to the team, when I picked on the smaller,
more vulnerable weeds, like the Wild Mustard, and baby Scotch
and infant Spanish Broom, the weed washer method worked rather
well.

These branched Spanish Broom babies came up easily:
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13436063.jpg

The Spanish Broom infants were almost trivial when wet:
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13436066.jpg

Some held on for a few seconds, but eventually yielded easily:
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13436071.jpg

The thick-rooted ones were the worst - but even they fell:
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13436082.jpg

So, it seems, the water nozzle trick *does work* rather well:
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13436083.jpg

As long as we pick on weeds with taproots of only a foot or two:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13436084.jpg