Posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup?

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:26:43 -0700, Oren wrote:

Is the poly connected to the valve directly or is it 3/4" PVC past the
box and then poly connected to the PVC?

Well, I don't really know.

All I know, working backward, is that for "most" of the 300 foot
run, there is a 1/2" and a 5/8" poly pipe feeding the oleander:
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435747.jpg

Every once in a while, you can see them both on the surface:
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435692.jpg

As those two poly tubes get within 30 or 40 feet of the irrigation
valves, they suddenly pop up out of ground (I had put the garden
hose connections on):
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435751.jpg

I didn't dig up the irrigation valve, so, I have no idea how it's
hooked up, but, the 5/8" poly tubing which was broken at this point,
appears to continue along the oleander until it gets near the irrigation
valve. A foot away from the valve, it dives down, presumably to the
valve (which works, and sends water through the broken tubing):
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435760.jpg

Note: I dug around for a half hour looking for where the 1/2" poly
tubing connects to the irrigation system - and finally gave up on that
endeavor. Also, I can't tell if there is a pressure regulator on the
valve itself, as it might be buried, for all I know.

I guess I should pick up a pressure tester for garden equipment, to
be sure.