Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components
John Larkin[_3_] John Larkin[_3_] is offline

Default National PF5301 cross reference

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 19:39:31 +0200, o pere o wrote:

On 06/28/2013 05:44 PM, John Larkin wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:33:35 -0400, JW wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:51:11 -0700 John Larkin
wrote in Message id:
:

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:45:19 -0400, JW wrote:

Looking for a suitable cross-reference for a National PF5301 TO-92 N
channel JFET as I can't find the original part anywhere. Hell, I can't
even find an original datasheet. The critical parameter for the sub is
Igss which for the National part is 1pA. The only thing I've been able to
find so far is a Linear Systems LS5301 which has a Ig of 1pA, but at $40 a
pop (!), I'd like to find an alternate.

Does anyone know of any possible substitutes?

Thanks.

What's the application? Do you really need a jfet?

I'm pretty sure I do, as it looks to be a fairly sensitive circuit. It's
for a repair on a Keithley 220 programmable current source.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...eEEYYk4sluspuA

The schematic is on page 6-31/6-32 (4 pages from the end) location Q302
near the top of the page. It's part of circuit which uses a AD515K
FET-Input Electrometer Op-amp.

Thanks.

Yikes, it's a jfet darlington! Really a weird circuit, overall.

I bet a 2N7000 would work. It's just an AC amplifier. Gate currents on a 2N7000
are femtoamps. You can turn one halfway on and leave the gate open, and it will
stay halfway on for hours. Fun to play with.

Did you get the fA figure by measurements? The Onsemi and the Fairchild
give 10 nA as the leakage value. Guess they are much better than
specified...

Pere

Yes, by experimenting. Leakage seems to be modest numbers of electrons
per second. That would be hard to production test, on a 3 cent part.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation