Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Hozelock conundrum

In message , at
22:35:36 on Thu, 27 Jun 2013, newshound
remarked:
No, I'm pretty sure you'll find the hose end fitting of that is half
inch BSP.

Having had two different people try this and fail, I'm pretty sure they
aren't. That is, trying to turn the outside tap into a female Hozelock.
I already had the part which would turn the hoze into a male Hozelock,
so didn't expect (and couldn't see) a hose-female.

So take two of those, remove and throw away the hose "nuts" and screw
them into each end of the thing I pointed you at. Maybe with a bit of
PTFE tape or thread sealant.

And the plastic thread is bigger, so PTFE tape would just make it worse.

Got the part I needed from a bin-end in the market, eventually.
--
Roland Perry