Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Nuclear start up company - don't laugh face-book was a start-up once.

I'm sure its true though. However, although myself, I'm a fan of Nuclear,
the issue of what happens when the plant is at the end of its life still
seems to be a major issue cost wise.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"news" wrote in message
I think most of this has been said already but if you have 5 minutes it is
an interesting article.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...o-nuclear.html

A quote from it.

One recent paper estimated that nuclear power has prevented 1.84 million
air-pollution-related deaths globally.

and from one of the responses

More people have died in America installing rooftop solar, than have ever
died from commercial nuclear power.
(although there is no reference quoted for this)

--
Chris