Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

Default Laminated wood with embedded wire mesh

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:22:17 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus29604 wrote:
I have some very strange pieces in one box. They are the size of 4x4s,

I would say 4x4x8, made of very heavy laminated wood with some kind of

wire mess embedded between laminations. Any idea what that stuff is or

may be for?

Could they be wall studs for a Faraday Cage room such as in an MRI installation, or a Top Secret computer room?

I had to pierce a Faraday Cage wall with some coax at the Army's ballistic missile defense computer room in Huntsville AL once. Not a fun thing. Was part of installing a new Cray Y-MP to replace a CDC 7600.

--
PaulS