Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hurco Table Enclosure

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:05:52 PM UTC-7, Jon Elson wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:

My problem with the last solution is that I don't see it being rigid

enough and solidly mounted enough to hold up and not shake during some

types of machining without screwing it to the table.

Gee, I can't imagine this. I have two splash shield schemes

for my mill, they just sit on the table and work fine. generally,

the idea is to have the shield taper inward so the coolant drains into

the T-slots of the table.

Jon

If you have some suggestions about doing what I want to do then I would glad to hear them. Here are the criteria. They are not negotiable... even if you "know better."

1. I want a taller enclosure because I will be pushing the production volume with speeds and feeds when I can, and I want virtually zero chips and coolant on my floor.
2. It must be secured to the table and be constructed in such a manner as to not shift or flex excessively under rapid reversals or even multiple rapid reversal.
3. It must be deeper than the depth of the table in the Y direction.
4. It must not set on top of the table in the front or back as that would negative the purpose of it being deeper than the table. (It can set on the table at the ends, and probably will.)

There are other things that will be a part of this, but they can be worked out with almost any type of enclosure.