Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah[_3_] gonjah[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone have a Filtrete under-sink water filter?

On 6/25/2013 11:44 AM, EdS wrote:
replying to Wayne Boatwright, EdS wrote:
wayneboatwright wrote:

I'm planning to replace our countertop water filter with an undersink

model.

The Filtrete under-sink filter looks like it would do the job and also

easy
to install. We have plastic plumbing lines, so that's a strong

consideration
from an installation perspective.
http://www.filtersfast.com/3M-Filtre...ter-System.asp
Any other suggestions?
TIA

Don't do it. I installed one as directed and it worked great for 3
months. Then the smooth plastic tube that connects to the water shut off
valve (held in place with a hard plastic ferrule) came lose in the middle
of the night. The resulting water damage amounted to over $20,000 in
repairs. A web search found a number people having the same problem.
It's just not worth the risk. Get a water filter pitcher instead.

I don't know about Filtrete but I've been using a RO system for about 8
years now. The water taste great. Like bottled water. Unbelievably good
coffee.

Real easy to install but you do need a hole in the sink for the tap.

http://www.premierh2o.com/premier-53...s-system-plus/

System are available from costco.com. Or were.