Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:24:51 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:59:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

But as I have noted elsewhere, it is the

contractor and architect that did this.

Again, with the architect and contractor. How do you even

know who exactly did what?

I know the contractor. I know the architect. He is also my architect. And

the contractor is supposed to be my contractor, but doubtful after this. I

know all about the project going on behind me.

How do you know the architect was

aware they were putting a fence on your property?

He may not. But he is supervising the contractor and he designed the fence.

Does "supervising" mean that the architect is accountable for the contractor's actions? If the contractor does something seriously wrong, would the architect's firm bear the final responsibility?

If the architect's firm is not officially acting as the general contractor, I don't think they would be responsible for the actions of any individual contractors.