Posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Farm1[_2_] Farm1[_2_] is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigation setup?

"Danny D." wrote in message
news
This drip irrigation setup for a tomato garden is all chewed up:

So I figured I'd replace it with something better. But what?

One end is merely bent over and nailed to these boards:

And, the other end has this cryptic glued? connection:

I've never worked on drip irrigation before, so I picked up
all sorts of 3/4" connections at the box stores:

At Home Depot, the guy told me that it's normal for the drip lines
to simply push in, but this end seems to be really really stuck.

Another elbow nearby has a NPT-to-Hose fitting on the end:

Would you suggest I simply cut the elbow off and start fresh
by putting a garden-hose connection on a T fitting?

Note: The plants are tomatoes, which are just now sprouting,
so it has to be a gentle irrigation. I think a soaker hose may
be too heavy - but I'm not sure what my options are.

To add to David's already comprehensive post, here is another online
tutorial about polypipe irrigation;
http://www.irrigationdirect.com/tuto...-advice/id/12?