Nova

Default 240volt vs. 120volt

Robert Bonomi wrote:

I agree that "Watts is watts" but wouldn't the temperature of the
conductor(s) come into play since the resistance of a wire increases as the
temperature rises?

"Could be... Could be", says he. grin

The light-bulb design already takes that temperature rise into consideration.
The filament is designed to have the 'proper' resistance _at_operating_temp_.

I wasn't referring to the resistance of the filament but rather the conductors
feeding a motor being operated at 110V verses 220V. The amperage being double
when the equipment is operated at 110V would cause the conductors to generate more
heat decreasing the overall efficiency. Granted, with a short run the difference
would be minimal.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA