Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Thorium in ordinary reactors?

Ah, but how much energy is used to mine and refine the material, then
produce the fuel. Did not the UK have a plant for making this sort of fuel
which has never actually worked very well and cost a lot of dosh, hoping to
use all the plutonium up?

anyway, I guess we shall see. Trouble is that things in this industry move
slowly at best, and go backwards at worst. I can remember that Fast breeders
were the future in 1962.. erm what happened to those?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
This is interesting

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/EN...s_2106131.html

A way to not use uranium, and burn up plutonium, in conventional reactors

--
Ineptocracy

lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members
of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.