Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 22 Jun 2013
15:54:43 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
Larry Jaques on Sat, 22 Jun 2013
08:16:08 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 08:28:35 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.

But NOT the one he was hitting on. For that ploy to work, he has to
have met her before and decided that using the raunchy line was
worthwhile.

Besides, who wants the airheaded, siliconed, arrogant "pretty" ones?
(Exceedingly few are humble and intelligent as well as being pretty.)

I prefer 'em earthy and sexy, without too many warts, y'know? Plain
Janes show more appreciation to us Plain Johns. Another plus is that
you don't have to fight off the herds of horny men trying to steal her
from you all night when you're in public.

The man with a pretty wife, or a castle on the border, must be
prepared to do battle at any time.

A few women, and even fewer castles are worth doing battle over.

In that case, better not get a pretty woman, or a castle on the
border.

The ones so pretty you'd bounce a basketball through a mine field
just to talk to her, generally knows it. When I was younger, it might
have been worth it. But ... "aim for the wing man".
--
pyotr filipivich