Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Hymen[_3_] Red Hymen[_3_] is offline

Default JerryCan vs "Gasoline" JerryCan?

On 06/22/2013 04:43 PM, Danny D. wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 19:50:07 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

I wouldn't keep my gas in non-designated can.
Even at that it is not 100% safe.

It's not a safety issue.

It's (mostly) a pollution issue.

That's why the California air resource board (CARB) is
the one who makes the specs.

Both cans (old and new) are as safe (well, except for the
child safety stuff that we all just cut off upon receipt).

Actually, we all spill more gas with the newer spouts, so,
I'd argue they're even less safe than the older ones.

Type II safety can.

No spill and the filler spout and flame arrestors in both openings are non-sparking brass designed for flashback protection.