Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New bench -- vise question

On 6/22/2013 7:19 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
It's time for my new bench. I purchased a 10-inch Groz quick release for the face vise and I am pondering my options for the tail vise. This will be a split top bench with front and back section at 12 inches each with a six-inch tool tray in the middle. The bench will be 84 inches in length. The Groz will be at the front right (as I am mostly a southpaw). I will have two rows of left-to-right dog holes on 6-inch centers in each section.

If I had a spare $250, I'd go with the Lee Valley twin-screw tail vise. Sweet it is. But I don't. So I'm considering building my own using one of the following:

Single screw from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-D3258...ds=bench+screw

Front vise assembly on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121124468388... 4.m1423.l2649

Any thoughts, suggestions will be appreciated.

Larry

You only live once.... From the Festool SawStop guy.. LOL

http://benchcrafted.com/TailVise.html

Go for the Cadillac brand and never look back or wish yo had done better.