Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinons on AC brands Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse

On Monday, June 17, 2013 9:19:40 PM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
Any opinions on these brands of Home AC systems?

Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse?

First estimate I got was for a Rheem system. He also gave me a

comparison $$$ on a Westinghouse. Rheem 5 ton (15.5 seer) was $6,600

and the Westinghouse (16 seer) $5,800.

Rheem warranty is 10 years parts, 2 years labor. Is that the industry

standard?

I would think long and hard about a simple 3 speed relay controlled motor vs an electronically controlled variable speed motor. Consider the cost to purchase AND repair after a power surge vs how much energy it supposedly will save you.
Mark