Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Sony part info?

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
Hello all,

I got a call from a customer (or potential customer) who has a Sony
CDP-XA7ES CD player with a non functioning drawer.

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure on the model number, as his accent was hard to
understand.

Anyway, he had spoken to Sony about it, who told him it needed a 875286435
(8-752-864-35) IC, which was no longer available. I confirmed that the IC
is discontinued by Sony, but I don't know what the generic part is. If it
is a microprocessor with software on it, then its really NLA. If its a
motor drive IC, then I might be able to find it.

I realize that this may all be a moot point, as the problem could be
mechanical, but I'm hoping someone here might have a manual and be able to
tell me what this IC is.

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz

Tim. I had a Sony CD (can't remember the model but part of a 4 piece stack
maybe 8 or 10 years old) just this last week with a non-functioning drawer,
and the problem was the driver IC 8-759-040-83 type BA6287F. It's a little 8
pin surface mount thing with a couple of control pins called Fin and Rin and
a simple bridge output. It was easy to see the signals appearing on the
control pins which eliminated any issues with the system control micro. It
was still available from them and easy to change. It was on the main board
rather than any sub-board under the deck.

Arfa