Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE SpaceMaker washer w/MAGIC FILTER: Need advice on this filter

On 6/22/2013 12:04 AM, wrote:
Sadly I just noticed this "magic" filter tonight after more than a
year!! (I live in an apartment and they provided it) no one ever
mentioned needing to clean a filter..(other than dryer lint)
hopefully it "magically" cleans itself (sadly no) I also did a
search for this and am glad others have asked!!

Usually the only time such filters are needed is if you're hooked to a
septic system, the plumbing in the home or building clogs with lint or
there are some restrictions on lint in the municipal sewage system. In a
septic system, synthetic fibers don't break down and clog the field
lines. o_O

TDD