Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Sony part info?

On 6/20/2013 10:21 PM, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

I got a call from a customer (or potential customer) who has a Sony
CDP-XA7ES CD player with a non functioning drawer.

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure on the model number, as his accent was hard
to understand.

Anyway, he had spoken to Sony about it, who told him it needed a
875286435 (8-752-864-35) IC, which was no longer available. I confirmed
that the IC is discontinued by Sony, but I don't know what the generic
part is. If it is a microprocessor with software on it, then its really
NLA. If its a motor drive IC, then I might be able to find it.

I realize that this may all be a moot point, as the problem could
be mechanical, but I'm hoping someone here might have a manual and be
able to tell me what this IC is.

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz

Thanks all,

I searched for the part number, not the manual. Must have been past my
bedtime. Yup, the IC is a discontinued micro.

I've not seen the unit yet, and I do realize that there is a better
chance of a mechanical failure than an electronic one. On the other
hand, I have seen a few Sony micros have ports go bad so that everything
worked except the tray.

Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics