Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default JerryCan vs "Gasoline" JerryCan?

On 6/21/2013 6:24 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
This is obviously the Real Deal for gasoline storage:
http://tinyurl.com/n8v99sk

But these guys http://tinyurl.com/k5owomy look virtually identical, even
down to the numbers stamped on the handle and the interior coating.

They come with the admonition "For non-potable water only" and the web
page specifically cautions that federal law prohibits storage of
gasoline in them.

Does anybody know what, besides color, the diff is?

Just that and that they don't include an EPA-compliant spout which is
why they're non-compliant and must have the disclaimer. I don't know
how long the blatant subterfuge will last before somebody in charge gets
their hackles up but power to 'em as long as they can.

Me, I've got a supply of about 20 old 5-gal metal screw-top cans from
hydraulic oil, grease and various other products from the years before
the plastic switch and then the EPA. They'll outlast me so I'm
set...the collection may be one of the most valuable assets in the
estate auction, who knows???