Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] PDP-11 programmer wanted?

"Jeremy Nicoll - news posts" wrote
in message nvalid...
John Rumm wrote:

Indeed, as I attempted to highlight to her, once you have encountered a
variety of low level languages, learning a new one is no big deal.

(learning the architecture that goes with it can be far more of a big
deal
however!)

Yes, and the macros etc relevant to whatever you're writing the code for.
worked as an MVS systems programmer for somme years, and learning enough
assembler to write decent code didn't take all that long. But reading the
relevant parts of the supervisor state macro manuals, and the JES2 manuals
etc and (when IBM still allowed customers to see it) looking at the source
for bits of the OS that one intended to alter.... that could take ages
just
to understand enough.

What I always fancied was a disassembler which added comments