Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] PDP-11 programmer wanted?

On 2013-06-20, Bob Minchin
On 2013-06-18, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Mid 70s saw me programming PDP11 with ML/1 studying under its Author
Peter Brown and his wife Heather at University of Kent.
I'll still have my notes - "somewhere"

I'm not sure if we've had this conversation before, but we may have
been contemporaneous at UKC - I graduated in 1975 and spent far too
much time in the Computing Lab and nothing like enough in the Biology
Lab, which accounts for both the class of my degree and my current
career. Prof.
Brown took my undergrad computing course, which was optional and
designed for people who already knew how to program. (I'd learned
FORTRAN at school.)

I was there from 72-75 as an undergraduate.

The same time, then.

I was up the other end of the Natural Sciences intake spectrum. I
initially signed up for Electronics

Did you know John Scherrer? He was doing electronics at the same time as
you were. (Well done to his son, Jonathan, who has just got a First in
Computer Science at UKC!)

Indeed he has....as I heard last week (decision day was last Friday).

John later became our site engineer for the ICL 2960 mainframe.