Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carla Fong[_2_] Carla Fong[_2_] is offline

Default Help finding pulley source?

Hi all,

I'm working on a project that needs lightweight 3" OD, 3/8" ID pulleys
suitable for round rope or cord that's about 1/4 inch in diameter.

I've obtained a few Grainger 5MVF4 (
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/AMERICAN-GARAGE-DOOR-Cable-Pulley-5MVF4?Pid=search
and they are exactly the right dimensions but I'd rather have the same
pulley in a nylon or plastic to reduce the weight.

I tried Googling for sources and found a couple that seemed close but
nothing exactly right - and the Chinese manufacturer's webpages are
utterly devoid of dimensions and somewhat indecipherable.

I'm looking for about 30-100 pieces for a prototype run - maybe more if
the gods smile on us.

Anyone have a source for plastic pulleys?

Thanks in advance

Carla

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight ~ it's
the size of the fight in the dog." Dwight D. Eisenhower